Friday, September 4, 2009

The Ride / Plans for the Future.

The best way to sum up the LIVESTRONG ride was that it was life changing. To see 6500 participants all in the same location, all for the same purpose, was just amazing. Those 6500 participants raised 3.2 million dollars...yes...3.2 million dollars for the Lance Armstrong Foundation and the fight against cancer. Those numbers are staggering!

I was extremely pleased to be a part of the event, from the time I decided to take on the challenge back in February to rolling across the finish line on Sunday August 23rd after riding 100 miles on my bike...the entire experience was very fulfilling!

I raised $3876!! I am very pleased with that number. There were a few donations made to the LAF that were not made in my name, but were made due to my efforts...so we topped $4000...just not on the official website. For that I say THANK YOU to each and every person that helped out...we made a difference!

Speaking of making a difference...I had such an amazing experience throughout this process that I'm not going to stop...nope...not done yet. I have decided to see if I can take this a step further by creating a team to see if we can get a bunch of people to join in the fight. People tell me I have a magnetic personality and that others are drawn to me because of my positive energy. I will admit that I'm an optimistic guy. Let's see if I can use that quality to make even more of a difference.

From here on out I will refer you here:

www.baldcyclist.com

That's my new website/blog. With the help of a great friend (Ron) the site is already up and running. The idea was spawned, and literally less than a week later, bald cyclist was officially online. Ron is no slouch himself...he and his wife (Kelly) hiked the entire Appalachian Trail...and she runs marathons and raises money for the fight against cancer. Good people are abound...and that's what it takes to make something like this successful. If you're reading this...my hope is that you will continue to fight, and if you're not currently engaged, you'll join the fight with us...

www.baldcyclist.com

Using our noggins...to battle cancer!


Peace!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations on the site, Homie! It looks really great. You're an inspiration, indeed, and the possibilities are surely endless with this project. Way to use your noggin, and thanks for providing Ron with an opportunity to grind out some web work. Anytime he's busy working, he's not in my hair. ;) (Pun intended.)

Cheers to keeping the message and the outreach alive!

Hugs to you and the whole fam.

-KG