Tuesday, August 18, 2009

$3001.

Well, we did it...we topped $3000! That's a huge accomplishment given the state of our economy. There are two days left for money to roll in. I have heard of a few checks that are on the way...we'll see where we end up. All in all, I'm happy...that $3001 represents a lot for the folks affected by cancer. Thanks to all who have helped out!! :-)

As for my training...I'm all but done. I have two one hour easy spins for this week to prepare for the big day on Sunday. I will likely do those rides on Wednesday and Friday...then rest, fuel, and final prep on the bike.

I'm hoping me and my fifteen pound carbon fiber friend can break the six hour barrier. That's a tall order. We'll see how it goes. :-)


Peace!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

WOOHOO! Over 3K is quite an accomplishment. Way to go, Don.

Enjoy those last two training rides. I believe that you can beat the six hour mark. It's a hefty goal, but I hear Philly is flatter than your neck of the woods. That should help. ;)

We think you're awesome!

Love,
Kelly

"Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong." -Ella Fitzgerald