Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend spinning.



My riding partner for Saturday...my son Alex. He absolutely loves riding his bike! He often takes time to make sure he has all the right gear on before the ride..."just like daddy". You'll notice his "riding gloves"...they are actually batting gloves...but do the trick for now...he's getting a cool set of riding gloves for his birthday...he just doesn't know it yet. :-) I used Saturday for my easy spin so we could ride together. We usually ride around the neighborhood...with me splitting off for a few minutes every once in a while to get the heart rate up to the ideal spot. I recently taught him the out of saddle power climb...he's a machine ever since he learned the technique...he loves every minute of riding his bike...and so does daddy! :-)


After Saturday's easy ride I headed out on Sunday for a longer spin...only 30 miles. I was extremely tired and was just having an off day...so I shut in down early in favor of some time at home napping with the kids. Sometimes rest is just as good as pounding out a serious ride. I've found that I really need to listen to my body, or I'll suffer down the road...so when it's time to rest...I rest. I will do that until Wednesday when I'll look to fit in a tempo ride.

Still catching up on some promises for donations...and sending out a few more e-mails...let's hope we can crack the $2500 mark.


Peace!

1 comment:

Ron and Kelly said...

Alex looks like a happy boy on that bike! How awesome is it that he takes into the things you are passionate about?!

Cheers,

R