Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday.

Today was supposed to be all about long distance...but for whatever reason, I wasn't feeling the long distance as much as I was feeling max effort. So, I turned today into an interval ride day...totalling 3 hours on the bike doing 90 to 94% efforts repeatedly throughout the ride. I took advantage of the big ring...keeping it there in places I usually gear down...using all the power my legs would muster up to push, push, and push!

I think I made a good decision as my body was ready for this type of training day. It responded in kind with loads of power in the legs. I did 3 hours and honestly felt like I could have done a lot more. That's a good sign! All this training variation is really starting to pay off. I feel better and better every day. Still lots of progress to make...but we're getting there...and I like that! :-)


Peace!

No comments: