Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Run Forest Run.

That was me today as I traded the bike for the treadmill due to some serious rain. Riding in the rain is not my favorite thing to do. I will do it, and sometimes like the challenge of it...but more often than not...I prefer to avoid putting my bike and body through the paces of getting soaked with rain and grit for a few hours. Not to mention that after a ride like that, my bike needs a complete cleaning...which takes away from my riding time. ;-)

I ended up running for just over an hour on the treadmill. Got the heart rate up to about 150 and just kept it there until I was done. It almost felt good to be running again. I used to run a lot when I was in college...about 25 to 30 miles a week. I have to say though, that it is a lot more boring than riding my bike. I was about 20 minutes into it when I was ready to be done. When I'm on the bike, I don't ever get bored. Either way, it did the job today and that's what is most important.

I have a few ideas floating around for riding this weekend. I have the option of going to Allegrippis with Nate, trying my hand at a XC MB race on Sunday, or ripping off a long distance road ride. At this point, I'm not sure what I want to do. I have a feeling it will be a last minute decision.

Peace!

1 comment:

Ron and Kelly said...

I say go for the race or Allegripis. But the race will be fun – and I bet you suprise yourself!

Nice job on the treadmill.