Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weekend training / road & mountain bike.


This is a shot of a rock garden on the Charcoal Flats trail in Rothrock State Forest. It's not as bad as it looks. The rocks make some cool sounds as you ride over them.



This is a shot of some smooth single track...also part of Charcoal Flats. Unfortunately, the smooth stuff doesn't last long.
So, you get the picture (pun intended)...I went out on the mountain bike today...hence the photos. I decided to pound the muscles for three hours out in the forest. Took part in some trail riding and some hill climbs up the fire roads. Three hours on a 26.5 pound mountain bike with "truck tires" in Rothrock is like six hours on the road bike. ;-)
Speaking of the road bike, I was able to get out yesterday for a 30 mile tempo spin. Got the heart rate up to 160 and keep it there for the entire ride. This is good stuff for endurance training.
Along with my riding I completed my fundraising proposal for the local businesses I plan on asking for support. I'll most likely start talking to them this week...let's hope it goes well.
Peace!

1 comment:

Ron and Kelly said...

Fantastic Don! You are rocking it with the riding – a true machine. GL with the proposal stuff. If you need some one to edit it – I'm sure Kelly will help out.