Thursday, April 9, 2009

34...

hard miles today. Once again it was windy, and I spent over half of the time riding into the wind. Did I mention that it's windy around here in the spring? It wouldn't be so bad except that I live in and do most of my riding in the valley...and the winds just whip through here. To give an illustration, when we built our house a few years ago, we had a small privacy fence put in out back. When the fence company came out to talk about it, I told them the fence needed to be strong because it gets really windy around here...they assured me I wouldn't have an issue. Three weeks later we came home one windy night to find the fence in the field next to our house. I called the company, they gladly fixed the issue with a much nicer and stronger fence...and the guy I spoke with in the beginning apologized. Anyway, in case I forgot to mention it, it gets windy around here in the spring. ;-)

Tomorrow is a day off...which is probably a good thing as the legs are feeling a bit overworked right now. They are going to need a few days of rest soon. That will most likely happen early next week. I'll use those rest days to further the fundraising efforts.

Happy Good Friday to all. In my opinion, every Friday is a good Friday. :-)

Peace.

No comments: