Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday ride.

I got out for a 35 mile ride today. The ride included 4100 feet of climbing. I'm a bit of a freak and actually love to climb so it was a welcome ride. I would have done more but was a bit pressed for time. 67 degrees and sunny after two days of absolute crap weather had me wanting to hangout with the wife and kids at home...so I called it early in favor of fun times outside. Glad I did too...we let the kids get in the hot-tub which was an absolute blast. Speaking of the hot-tub, after the kids went to bed I had a half-hour date with it myself. There's just nothing like getting in 102 degree water after a workout.

I received some fundraising materials from the Lance Armstrong Foundation this weekend. Jeanine and I are coming up with some plans for the next few months. Should be able to do some great fundraisers to help get closer to the $10k goal. Right now I sit at $1200, not a bad start, but we've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there, I'm gonna do what they say can't be done...Ok...who started thinking of Smokey and the Bandit when they read that...come on...I know I'm not the only one. ;-)

Peace!

1 comment:

Ron and Kelly said...

Nice man. I understand your addiction to climbing. Kelly and I had the same addiction on the Trail. We weren't the fast hikers but never did we need a break on the climbs – just steady up and for some reason it felt soooo goood.