Monday, April 13, 2009

Family first.

That was the motto yesterday...and it prevented me from getting out for that extra ride I wanted. It turns out the break we "thought" we'd have didn't work out, so I was not able to get out for a ride. No worries though, the day was originally intended as a rest day, so it's probably better I took the time off. Not to mention I got to hangout with the family for the entire day...which is a reward in an of itself. :-)

I will use today and tomorrow as rest days as well. The legs have been in great need of some rebuilding time, so I'm giving it to them knowing they will repay me with loads of power and endurance for later this week. My anticipation of how strong they will be is high...I know when I head out on Wednesday I'll be able to push it hard for quite some time...and that brings a smile to my face...because I love pushing the pace and flying down the road close to 30mph on nothing but a 17 pound bike. I can see why people ride motorcycles...there is just something freeing about not being surrounded by a car.

Stay tuned...more pictures to be posted soon.

Until then...

Peace!

No comments: