Saturday, April 11, 2009

You'll never guess the conditions during my ride today...

Yup...WINDY!!! That's just par for the course these days. :-)

I got out for a 26 mile ride with my buddy Grant. Great ride! We toured some roads I had never been on...absolutely awesome! No cars, great scenery, good company, and just an overall fun ride. Part of the reason for the increased fun factor is due to the professional fitting I received on my bike yesterday. Grant also happens to be the manager of "The Bicycle Shop" in town...the place I buy all my bikes and gear...and he is certified by Specialized to fit people to their bikes. All I can say is...WOW...what a difference being fitted to the bike!! I felt so much more comfortable...I couldn't believe the improvement. I felt so good, that tomorrow will not be a rest day as originally planned. Even though it's Easter Sunday, I will be able to get out for a short speed ride. My wife is the best! We have a break in the schedule tomorrow that will allow for the ride. I think we're doing like three Easter egg hunts...well...the kids are...we're just there to witness the excitement. I can't wait...the kids were excited tonight knowing the Easter bunny is coming.

Ok, time to relax and enjoy the evening with Jeanine.

Peace!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Right on Don! This seems to be a great addiction! I did some riding this weekend as well – but the motorized kind. Jason took me out to CAW. I'm sore!