Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sunday, Sunday...

Managed to make it out for a quick ride on Sunday. Totalled 35 miles packed with some nice fast flats and some good long grade hill climbs...a great mix on a very hot day! I think it was 88 degrees...good training for the conditions I'll see in Philadelphia in August. :-)

I quickly pounded through my fluids...leaving me with nothing about half-way through the ride. I figured I'd use the rest of the ride as training for the body...to see what how it would respond to the limited fluid intake on such a hot day. Turns out I responded rather well, with it not really being an issue. I know fluids are extremely important...so this won't be a regular occurrence...just a good test to see how I felt given the conditions.

I'm off until Wednesday when I'll assess weather conditions and plan my ride appropriately. Hoping for nice weather...but it looks like rain is coming.

Peace!

No comments: