Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Destination Ride.

That's what I call a ride that is not round trip...meaning I won't end up back at home when I'm done. I have a destination ride planned for tomorrow...the destination in mind...Lock Haven...the home of my Alma mater....and also where my wife works at a professor. You see where this is going, right? I'm going to ride down to Lock Haven to meet up with my wife for lunch...we will then drive home in the car. ;-) It clocks in at about 50 miles. The nice thing is that there is a pretty good hill climb in the beginning to get me warmed up for some flat line speed once I descent the mountain. Other than the climb in the beginning, I'm looking at flat lining it almost the entire way...which means speeds in the mid to upper 20's for sure. I might even go a little crazy if the legs are feeling good and peg the heart rate for some 30mph action. This is of course if there aren't any nasty headwinds...then we kick into survival mode...just pounding against the wind...grinding the ride out until we hit our destination. Either way, fun!

I'll report back after the ride tomorrow to let you know how it goes.

Peace!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Watch out! This will become very addicting. I have a destination ride planned for the future. It goes from DC to Pittsburgh. I want to do it in a week. Maybe next year or the year after I get back from my Germany Climbing trip. Kelly will probably go to.