Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The details.

Ok, the site is back up and I have a few minutes to update.

This past weekend was flat out awesome!!! There were 8 of us, 4 guys from the North Carolina crew, and 4 from the New England crew...we all came together and had an absolute blast with one another, riding, telling stories, and just overall having fun being with one another.

It was fun to get back out on the mountain bike for sure!! I can honestly say that I missed it. I love the road bike, but there is just something about being out in the woods with nothing but a bike and a few buddies tearing up some great trails. We are already planning another trip for later this year...back to Tsali in North Carolina...a great place to ride with some fast flowy single track!

As for my training...I've been off since Sunday spending time with the family and working. I'll be back on the bike tomorrow morning...the road bike...then switching back and forth between both bikes this weekend as I plan to hit up Allegrippis, as the report is that it's fast and flowy like Tsali. Unfortunately my mountain bike buddies will be out of town...so I'll be solo at Allegrippis. Might be hooking up with a few people for a group road ride though...so that will be cool.

I have a trip to Baltimore with my wife planned for next Tuesday/Wednesday as she has a conference to attend. We will celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary while down there...with plans for a killer seafood dinner together...it should be awesome!! In addition to our anniversary celebration...is the celebration of having two entire days to be in the saddle...that's right...two full days of riding!! While Jeanine is at her conference...I'm taking to the saddle for as long as my body will let me. I will be contacting a local bike shop for some good road and mountain routes as I'll likely take both bikes with me. I can't wait!!!

Updates to follow...

Peace!

1 comment:

Ron and Kelly said...

Yeah! BLAST it was. Thanks for the hospitality and introducing us to John Hurt and all his kin.