Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hump Day.

Got out for a moderately paced 20 mile spin today. Nothing too serious...just enough to open the legs up and get them stretched from this past weeks big mileage workout. This week is more about specific efforts than it is mileage. Today was a moderate short ride...Friday will be hill climb intervals...and then another easy spin on Sunday. Why a week with short specific rides you might ask...because some of my best buds are coming to town for a mountain bike extravaganza next week...so I need to settle down a bit and be specific so I'm ready to hammer the trails for 4 days straight!!

I am pumped for the weekend...it will encompass many things...first and foremost...fun with friends! In addition, it will also serve as great training as we'll be on the bikes for 4 days straight on some gnarly trails in Rothrock State Forest. The legs and lungs should take a good pounding...which makes me smile. I know, I'm kind of sick in that way...but I like it!

Ideas are abound in reference to fundraising for the LIVESTRONG Challenge!! The word is spreading and folks are looking to help me out...it's really awesome. Once things come together a bit better I'll share some of the plans.

Ok, I'm out until Friday (the day of pain).

Peace!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's on like Donkey Kong next weekend! Can't wait.