Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Riders high!

It's in full effect right this moment as I just returned from a 22 mile speed ride!! Good stuff!!

In case you aren't sure what I'm talking about, it's the natural high you get when you run, bike, or do just about any strenuous workout activity. I remember the first time I experienced this "high"...back in college when I used to run like a mad man...about 25 to 30 miles a week. Mix that in with playing tennis and being young, and you have the reason I used to only weight 135 lbs. Not so anymore my friends, old age, laziness, and poor eating habits have me far from that weight...but not for long! Stick with me here and you'll see me do my best Snoop Dog impression and drop it like it's hot, drop like it's hot...

OK, enough with the rap references...on with the ride report. The legs were still sore from my Sunday ride, but that didn't stop me from pounding out 22 fast paced miles...in the wind. Noticing a trend here? It's windy a lot around here...especially in the spring. It's usually on my way home too...so I can really feel the burn in the closing miles. Good stuff though! Even though the legs were sore...they had a good amount of power...which has me encouraged. I will rest tomorrow...then hit it hard Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!

Peace out!

1 comment:

Ron and Kelly said...

You got it going on brother!