Monday, March 30, 2009

Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde.

That would best describe our weather in March. It goes from 65 and sunny one day to 40 with snow flurries the next. No worries though, the 40 with flurries JUST so happens to be a day off the bike and in the office...and what do you know...the next time I'm due to ride...it will be in the 60's and sunny again...I'm not complaining.

So I was able to get out for a relatively quick ride on Saturday before the family birthday party function. It was threatening rain but never happened. I clicked off 30 miles (with some great hill climbs) before arriving at the party. I was smart and put clothes in the car before Jeanine left with the kids so I could change when I got there.

I was going to ride on Sunday but decided it would be a family day instead. I had racked up 126 miles on the bike since last Sunday and was feeling like we needed to have some fun as a family, so I canned the ride, even though I REALLY wanted to be out. Funny, when I think about totalling up 126 miles in a week, it sounds like a lot, but it's really not. This is all part of the plan though...to build slowly and come on very strong for June, July, and August. I can feel my legs and lungs getting stronger by the day....very cool!

I have dropped 10 pounds since I started. I'm now at 179.6. It feels good to moving closer to my goals. Now if I can just get this fundraising deal to catch up. It is not easy work getting people to donate money, especially in this tough economic time. I have a few pledges for donations that haven't come in yet...I feel good about the promises, but won't rest until we get closer to the goal. :-)

Peace.

No comments: